- 1 Best Propane Water Heater
- 2 Parameters that Counts
- 3 Top 10 Best Propane Water Heater Available in the Market
- 4 2. Anaheim AH-1300 Quick and Hot Instant Hot Water Tank
- 5 3. Hike Crew Portable Propane Water Heater
- 5.1 4. Eccotemp i12-LP water heater, 4 GPM, Black
- 5.2 5. Sio Green IR260 POU Infrared Propane Water Heater
- 5.3 6. Eccotemp 45H-LP 6.8 GPM Outdoor Propane Water Heater
- 5.4 7. Rinnai V65IP 6.6 GPM Indoor Water Heater
- 5.5 8. Rheem G100-200 LP Propane Universal Commercial Water Heater
- 5.6 9. Rheem 2487251 Professional Classic 40 Gal
- 5.7 10. Reliance 6 6 SOMS K 6 Gallon Compact Electric Water Heater
Best Propane Water Heater
With the changing situation, changing needs, and standard of living, people are bound to adapt to the new technologies and their applications. It has become tough for us to imagine our life without home appliances. Right?
There are specific reasons why home appliances are becoming more and more important in our life. Home appliances have not only improved our way of living but also has reduced the burden of our daily work routine. For example, we cannot find ourselves safe without a water filter attached to our kitchens.
Similarly, there are many other instances where home appliances play a significant role. Like you have come back from your office, and you had a tough day working at the office. And in such a situation, if you get a bucket full of hot water to bath, then you will feel relaxed. This example helps us to understand that there is a need for a water heater to get relaxed after a working session, gym session, or any playing session.
Purchasing a water heater is a confusing and critical task. You need to go for a robust market research before finalizing any brand. After the brand is finalized, you need to check the units manufactured by the brand. Going through each of its features and benefits becomes a necessary routine for you before you finally pick up a product that suits your requirements, and can become beneficial for you and your family in the future.
Presently, the amount of workload we have, and the priorities that are set for us, it becomes challenging for us to go through every brand at first, and then through each product, it manufactures. It practically becomes impossible for anyone of us.
Just to avoid additional time consumed to precisely check each brand and its products, we have made your task simpler. You now just need to focus on your requirements and finalize from the best propane heaters that can suffice all your needs. Also, make sure that you first get mentally prepared with your needs, and then you go through our list. This will keep you in a safe position to decide and finalize the product to purchase.
Before heading over to listing the top 10 propane water heater and describing their benefits, we would love to mention here itself that we are able to judge these products as the best ones after taking a review session with a limited number of audience. We were able to guess the general requirements of the audience when they go for buying a propane water heater. Based on these requirements, we were able to think about the best ones for you.
Moreover, we had kept some parameters in our mind to bring in these market toppers for you. These parameters can help you too to select among the propane water heaters available in the market.
Parameters that Counts
1. Size of Propane Water Heater
The size of the propane heater varies depending on the capacity of the heater. In turn, you get the appropriate output of the warm water required for your commercial and homely requirements.
The capacity of the tankless water heaters is measured in gallons per minute (GPM). Therefore, the ‘size’ is not in question, but your household requirement is the question.
Identify your homely requirements of the hot water. Depending on your requirements, you can decide on the GPM that will suffice your needs.
Size of your portable propane heater and GPM decides whether it will be available for the simultaneous usage or not. Whether it is possible for a single shower or multiple showers, and whether it matches with your needs, can help you decide a better indoor propane heater.
2. The Warranty Period of your Portable Propane Water Heater
As per our research and knowledge, we have seen water heaters with a warranty period of 3 years to 12 years. If you have a better amount to invest, you can select the product that gives you a better warranty period.
Indeed, there are reasons why brands give you an additional or extra warranty period as compared to other competitors. One of the primary reasons is the size of the burners, which can provide you efficient and quicker output.
3. The Temperature at which it Heats your Water
With every indoor propane heaters, the temperature at which it gives you the output water differs. Considering the external climate and conditions, your temperature requirements also vary.
Whether your propane water heater is capable of serving you during any climatic conditions, should be your parameter to decide whether the heater best suits you or not.
4. Safety Comes First
Safety measures that are taken during the working of the propane tankless water heaters should be your primary concern while purchasing any water heater. Whether your heater can recognize poisoning of water on account of additional gases being mixed, decides whether a water heater is purchasable or not. Moreover, it should shut the working of the water heater as soon as it recognizes the frightening of poisonous water.
Once you understand all these parameters, it becomes easy for you to pick up the right and bright choice of tankless water heater for your homely usage.
Let us now deep-dive in each of our selected propane water heaters.
Top 10 Best Propane Water Heater Available in the Market
1. Reliance Water Heater Liquid Propane Gas Control Valve
Reliance Water Heaters are known worldwide for manufacturing the best water heaters in the industry. Reliance Liquid Propane Water Heaters have received good reviews and support from its users. It is the best purchasable item so far in the water heaters category.
The Reliance liquid propane water heater is the smallest and efficient water heaters in the present market. It is equivalent to any 40 gallons water heater. It has a flow rate of 6.6 GPM.
The working system monitors the temperature. So in case if the temperature goes out of control or threshold limit, the water heater is shut automatically.
Air Fuel Ration built inside the water heater makes sure that pollutants are not mixed with the water that is emitted by the heater.
Freeze protection, Surge Breakdown Protection, and Digital Meter protection ensure that the water heater does not encounter any breakdown while working.
- The reliance brand name itself is enough to predict the water heater’s durability. Earlier research suggests that the product has lasted for more than ten years without any failure.
- Setting up reliance water heater is easy. The user manual has a step-by-step procedure, which, when followed, can install the heater successfully.
- Reliance Water Heater comes with inbuilt DIP switches, which you can set to an altitude as per your location.
- If you do not believe in DIY, then installing Reliance Water Heater will be a difficult task for you. Asking a skilled professional will become a little pricey for you.
- Though it can suffice two bathrooms at a time, it can never be up to your requirements if you need more at a time. You need to install multiple units for the same.
Since the water heater is operated by natural gas, it avoids your multi-tasking capabilities of taking a shower and washing clothes in the washing machine at a time.
2. Anaheim AH-1300 Quick and Hot Instant Hot Water Tank
The Anaheim AH-1300 adopts all the qualities of its predecessor RTE 13 i.e., durability, efficiency, and lower space consumption. Additionally, you get a thermostat to control the temperature of the outward flowing water.
This thermostat comes with a digital LED display that can help you to control your temperature extremely, and it is highly accurate.
Instead of a live flame, it has two copper immersion heating elements, that reduces your maintenance cost and can be replaceable quickly in case of any failure.
The Anaheim AH-1300 comes with a GPM of 4.0. This can make sure that you can use a shower and a low-grade tap for hot water simultaneously.
It is very compact in size. You need to install it near your sink. It means it is only valuable for small houses where you can keep it near the source of water.
- The money you invest in Anaheim AH-1300 is valuable. The flow rate of 4.0 GPM you are getting in the price tag it comes with is almost priceless as compared to other indoor propane heaters.
- A small space kept for the installation of Anaheim AH-1300 is sufficient. It is very compact in design, and it can be installed in small cramped spaces as well.
- Unlike its predecessor Anaheim AH-1300, the new model comes with rugged construction. It increases the durability of the product.
- The model is ideal for small households. A family of 4 people will not be satisfied with its output. In contrast, a family where a couple stays will be quite happy with its production.
- The flow rate of 4 GPM reduces in lower outside temperature. This is not affordable.
- You have to purchase more units if you need hot water in more than two outlets.
3. Hike Crew Portable Propane Water Heater
Hike Crew is another best water heater manufacturing company on the list. It has an advanced scale detection system that reduces your stress regarding any wear and tear.
The temperature lock feature that comes with this portable propane heater makes sure that your water is not overheated. It shuts the water heating machine once the temperature crosses the threshold.
Hike Crew can output hot water at a rate of 6.6 GPM, and 0.82 energy factor of propane and natural gas makes sure that the product is affordable for you in a longer run.
The gas valve and blower automate the regulation of incoming gas. This functionality is carried out using a digital controller.
- The 0.82 energy factor makes this product environmentally friendly.
- The water heater is capable enough of supplying hot water at a rate of 6.6 GPM without exhausting the gas.
- You have an option to select from a reasonably cheap natural gas or high-performance propane-fueled model.
- The temperature lock feature ensures there are no unwanted mishaps.
- It is effortless to install and operate. User does not have to be expert in using this product.
- You need to supplement Hike Crew with an additional water heater to supply hot water to a home with two bedrooms.
- In a colder climate, the water rate falls to 4 GPM. This flow rate is not capable of supplying hot water that you may receive during warmer temperatures.
4. Eccotemp i12-LP water heater, 4 GPM, Black
Camplux propane water heater comes with an easy to use guidelines. There is no need for any expertise in using it.
It is perfect for small homes, cabins, or apartments with a safe indoor installation.
It has an exclusive digital display to control the temperature. You can manually adjust the temperature as per your needs.
It is compact in size, and design that can go with the decor. It has a high noise reduction mechanism at the output.
The flow rate is 2.64 GPM that is activated only at the time of use, which makes it more energy efficient.
It has flame-out protection, anti-freezing protection, over-heating protection, and airflow pressure switch protection for your safety.
- Ecotemp i12-LP water heaters are with an innovative combustion technology for your safety.
- It is energy efficient. Hence, lower electricity bills.
- It is designed to suffice the requirements of small and medium houses.
- It has a safe electronic ignition system.
- It is not recommendable at an altitude of more than 2000 ft.
- It is not recommendable for significant household works.
- This gas water heater cannot be used for drinking purposes.
5. Sio Green IR260 POU Infrared Propane Water Heater
Sio Green IR260 makes the use of Infrared technology. It means it stays away from the coil-based heating system, which involves the usage of metallic heating elements. You just need to worry about the water inflowing and outcoming. Else, you do not need to worry about the corrosion of any parts.
Additionally, you do not need to worry about the formation of Algae. Sio Green IR260 propane water heater can be installed in regions of hard water as it may avoid the accumulation of limescale and calcium.
- The unit does not heat the additional water. Hence, it is energy efficient, and you may expect lower electricity bills.
- Sio Green IR260 provides a flow rate of 1.36 GPM. Temperature ranging from 30 degrees F to 107 degrees F can be achievable in warmer climates.
- The heating unit provides you four levels between 1 to 4 to control the intensity of water that is being heated.
- The heating unit is not only compact, but it is also easily installable.
- It gives you low maintenance cost as compared to others in the same category.
- Though it supplies steady water on your demand, Sio Green can suffice the requirement of one output at a time. Like One Tap or One Shower, etc.
- The user manual that comes with the water heater is not clear at times. It may be confusing for some users.
- Installing this water heater is not straightforward.
6. Eccotemp 45H-LP 6.8 GPM Outdoor Propane Water Heater
The main benefit of Ecotemp 45H-LP Propane Water Heater is that it is not operated using electricity. Equipped with an auto-ignition, the water heater can heat your water at a quick rate even if the water is supplied at a lower pressure.
It has a water rate of 3.1 GPM. The water heating starts automatically when the faucet is turned on.
The freeze protection feature ensures that there is no accumulation of standing water in the pipes. Once the water is out, water will not freeze in the pipes even when the outside temperature falls below the freezing point temperature.
- Gas is conserved depending on the temperature outside.
- The output water is consumable for humans.
- The water heating unit is compatible and compact.
- The altitude that matters a lot while installing a water heater is not appropriately considered at the time of manufacturing the unit.
- The company offers five years of warranty. However, the user needs to register for the warranty program in 30 days post-purchase. Failing, the user will not get any warranty.
7. Rinnai V65IP 6.6 GPM Indoor Water Heater
The brand name Rinnai itself suggests better quality and better output. Along with production, it delivers durability.
Rinnai V65IP is an indoor water heater that you can mount to get a flow rate of 6.6 GPM. It has an advanced heating option coupled with a compact design.
Rinnai V65IP is very lightweight. Hence, durable for mobile homes, and the unit is highly portable.
It is an eco-friendly model with NOx emission standards being followed.
It is highly energy efficient with an energy factor of 0.82. It is thus reducing your electric cost.
- The unit is equipped with automatic leak detection. So the unit shuts automatically once there is any gas leakage.
- The gas unit is ultra-compact and lightweight. Hence, it is easy to install.
- It can provide a steady water stream at a rate of 6.6 GPM with constant water temperature.
- The heating of the water may take a longer duration, depending on the temperature of the water being supplied.
- It is not advisable for larger homes.
- Maintenance can be higher if you reside in an area that has a hard water supply.
8. Rheem G100-200 LP Propane Universal Commercial Water Heater
Rheem G100-200 has a robust brass and copper heat exchanger that can survive in harshest water conditions. Thus, it can withstand the hard water supply.
The model comes with an On-Unit panel that helps to display and regulate the temperature as per the requirements.
Rheem G100-200 has a water rate of 3.51 GPM at 35 degrees F. These numbers are quite impressive.
The inactivity for a longer duration put Rheem Rheem G100-200 on standby mode. This is done automatically.
- The maximum flow rate of 5GPM can make sure that it reaches two bathrooms in summer and one bathroom in winter.
- The On-unit panel installed allows users to set the settings according to their requirements.
- As compared to other models in the gas water heaters, Rheem G100-200 guarantees no leakage.
- It has no user manuals. Thus, those who are in DIY mode, please do not touch the unit without gaining proper knowledge.
- It is not energy efficient.
- Even 5 GPM ends up insufficient at times, considering the water needed to suffice a single bathroom.
9. Rheem 2487251 Professional Classic 40 Gal
This residential model of tankless propane water heater is powered by 120 VAC voltage. It can provide you on-demand hot water.
Rheem 2487251 can create endless hot water for years to come. An installation hardware pack that comes along with the Rheem 2487251 makes sure that it is easy to install and mount.
Rheem 2487251 produces comfortable endless water for residential families living in multiple rooms.
- It has frequency conversion intelligent control, temperature intelligent adjustment that ensures comfortable constant hot water.
- Safe electronic ignition system,anti-freezing protection, flame failure device, and dry combustion protection ensures your safety.
- It is not recommended for an altitude of more than 2000 feet.
10. Reliance 6 6 SOMS K 6 Gallon Compact Electric Water Heater
It is an indoor, propane water heater. It is powered by gas, and it comes in the category of tankless water heaters.
It has a flow rate of 3.6 GPM that activates only at the time of use. Thus, it is energy efficient.
It has an easy to read digital temperature display. The design is compact, and it can be easily installed.
The Reliance 66 SOMS K6 Water Heater is a manual water heater. This means that you need to make any water temperature adjustments at the face of the unit using the knobs available for water flow and gas pressure.
- It is energy efficient.
- It can supply hot water to small families.
- You can manually adjust the temperature as per your requirements.
- You cannot put cold water at the output source. It is not recommendable.
- It cannot suffice more significant family needs.
We were able to list the top 10 best propane indoor heaters based on the parameters we discussed before. Make sure you do the same while selecting the best propane heater for your household purpose.