- 1 Top 10 Best Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 2 1. Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater 220 Volts
- 3 2. Bosch Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 4 3. Stiebel Eltron Tempra 29 Plus Tankless Electric Water Heater
- 5 4. Rheem 240 Volts Heating Chamber RTEX-13 Residential Tankless Water Heater
- 6 5. Bosch Tronic 3000
- 7 6. Sio Green IR260 POU Infrared Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 8 7. Stiebel Eltron 230628 240 V DHC-E12
- 9 8. Rheem RTEX-18 Residential Tankless Water Heater
Best Electric Tankless Water Heater
The world is changing every day. With the changing world, technology is changing as well. And with these new technologies, the traditional ways of utilizing products and sufficing our needs are also changing- for example, the ideal way of playing music. Old classical radios have antic now, and new modern radios are out to purchase.
On similar lines, the old classic tank water heaters are almost gone out of trend. They were supposed to disappear with the changing needs. For example, the main problem we presently have at our home is the lack of space, right? And these traditional tank water heaters used to consume much space, which is not affordable for us.
Similarly, with the increase in home expenses, people require products that can ask for fewer investments. Which goes opposite with old classic tank water heaters, since they need additional electricity for its working as well as ask for higher investments as compared to modern tankless water heaters.
On account of all this, humans need to upgrade themselves, especially when they have more affordable options for tankless water heaters available in the market. With the advancement in the technologies, we are expecting some more affordable tankless water heaters taking the place of older options.
So you need to keep reading, checking for the latest updates, and accordingly opting for the best option as per your investment power. Also, you need to make sure that it suffice all your homely requirements.
Buying a good model at the right time, that can count well on your investment is something worth doing. Additionally, an electric tankless water heater has a higher lifespan as compared to gas and other tank counterparts.
Now the question comes, that with all the electric tankless water heater on the shelves, which one should be the best fit for you as per your requirement? For that, we have brought a list of top 10 best electric tankless water heater that will help you understand the heaters available in the premium category. Also, you may be able to select the right one that can fit with your available investment power and suffice your homely requirements.
Top 10 Best Electric Tankless Water Heater
This list will help you to understand the top 10 best electric tankless water heater that is presently available in the market. We will take you through the benefits, features, pros, and cons that will help you to select the best fit for you. Make sure that you go through the pros and cons of choosing the one that suffices all your requirements and suite your smart home.
1. Titan SCR2 N-120 Electric Tankless Water Heater 220 Volts
Looks do not justify the power it carries. In simple words, don’t go with the looks of this electric tankless water heater. Though it is small, it is the most powerful one in the category of SCR2.
With increased power, it has an energy rating of 99+. Thus, saving your additional electricity consumption, and you can expect a lesser electricity bill.
It is a versatile water heater. It can be used in homes with a maximum of 3 bathrooms.
It has a flow rate is 4.0 GPM with a 20 degree Fahrenheit temperature rise. It carries a push button on it to vary the temperature as per your convenience and need.
It is ideal for homes in warmer climate as it requires an inlet water temperature of around 65 degrees Fahrenheit. When you purchase, it comes with a warranty of 10-years for its water-carrying components.
If you have got all these plus points of the Titan SCR2 N-120 electric tankless water heater, then it’s time for us to check the pros and cons of buying the heater.
- It is easy to install this heater in your home. You don’t have to spend more time in its installation.
- It is cheaper to buy a Titan SCR2 N-120 as compared to other electric tankless water heaters.
- It is easy to use Titan SCR2 N-120 electric tankless water heater.
- It is compact in size.
- Though compact, it provides maximum GPM as compared to other tankless water heaters.
- The warranty period of 10 years is superb.
- The system correctly delivers a constant temperature by adjusting the inward and outward flow of the water.
- It is not advisable to use this water heater in cold climate regions as it needs higher inlet water temperature.
- It has a higher starting temperature that ranges from 100 F to 105 F.
2. Bosch Electric Tankless Water Heater
Bosch is one of the largest manufacturers in Europe to make simple electric appliances and other household appliances. The world should be thankful enough to Germans on account of their genius minds in creating these world-class appliances.
Bosch WH27 is a well-designed compact electric tankless water heater. Though small in size, it is a reliable source of heating your water. It has a maximum of 3.3 GPM with 55 degrees Fahrenheit temperature rise.
Bosch guarantees 97% of power efficiency at the time of purchase, and it states electrical requirements of 120 amps circuit protection. This 120 amps circuit should be divided into three 40 amps circuit breakers. It also needs 240 volts outlets.
This brings us to list the pros and cons of Bosch WH27. We hope that you have gone through the features we mentioned above before you start reading the pros and cons.
- You can use it in residential as well as commercial purposes. It can be installed anywhere as per your needs.
- The element modulating control unit fitted inside Wh27 makes sure that a constant output temperature is maintained.
- The water is heated quickly and efficiently.
- It’s compact. So it saves your space.
- Since it is compact, it is lightweight too.
- There is a delay of about 30 seconds at the start as per the reviews we saw quoted by some of the past users.
- The repair cost is higher than the actual price of the Bosch WH27 electric tankless water heater.
3. Stiebel Eltron Tempra 29 Plus Tankless Electric Water Heater
Stiebel manufactures few of the best electric tankless water heaters in the industry. Tempra 29 Plus is one such model. Though it is a bit more on the expensive side, the quality and the power is remarkable. It comes in the top 10 products when it comes to power.
Tempra 29 becomes a significant investment in case if you are looking for a water heater for your whole house. It also becomes a sound investment for someone who is going to use it in commercial applications.
Significantly, it gives you a digital display of the temperature that increases your user experience. And a knob to fluctuate the output temperature. Temperature ranges from 86 degrees Fahrenheit to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
Depending on the initial temperature of the water, GPM varies. For example, if the initial temperature is 40 degrees F, then GPM would be 3.0, and so on.
It has an electrical requirement of 240 volts and 100 amps divided into two 50 amps circuits. Uniquely, it comes with 7-years of leakage warranty and 3-years of parts warranty.
Now that you know some of the features, working, and requirements of Tempra 29, its time to check its Pros and Cons.
- There is no sound created during its operation, unlike others.
- It is compact and consumes lesser space.
- It needs no venting, unlike other electric tankless water heaters.
- It has an advanced flow control mechanism that maintains a constant output temperature even when input flow varies.
- It is a bit more on the expensive side as compared to other tankless water heaters.
4. Rheem 240 Volts Heating Chamber RTEX-13 Residential Tankless Water Heater
The RTEX-13 is a successor of RTE 13, which is one of the best tankless water heaters manufactured by Rheem.
It is compact in size and thus makes it a better option in residential use where space consumption is a question.
It is 99.98% energy efficient. So there is a possibility of lesser electric consumption. And it can serve for multi-purpose work or even single work at a time.
RTEX – 13 has an external thermostat and a digital indicator regarding the temperature. You may vary the temperature between 80 degrees F to 140 degrees F as per your requirement.
It has a maximum GPM of 4.0. This flow rate can give hot water to one shower and one sink. Thus, multi-purpose work is served.
Let’s head over to its pros and cons.
- As compared to other electric tankless water heaters, RTEX-13 comes at a very economical price.
- Since its design is compact, it consumed a lesser space.
- It has a very unique and eye-catchy design.
- With increasing and decreasing functionality of 1 degree F at a time, it gives you maximum control over the temperature.
- It is effortless to install Rheem RTEX – 13 tankless water heater.
- It is easily replaceable in case of any failure.
- It cannot suffice your requirements if you ask for multiple showers at a time.
5. Bosch Tronic 3000
It means that it heats your water on demand. The rest of the time, it does not consume any electricity. Thus, making it a reliable option as compared to other water heaters.
It comes in 4 models, namely 3.4 kW, 7.2 kW, 9.5 kW, and 12 kW. Each model comes with a 98% power efficiency.
It has its applications in both residential and commercial use. You can mount it vertically or horizontally, depending on your space requirements.
The Bosch Tronic 3000 comes with a 5-years warranty on its heating components and a 1-year warranty on other parts.
- It is compact in size. You can fit it vertically or horizontally as per your space requirements.
- Maintenance is low.
- Longer lifespan.
- Its sleek design matches your decor.
- It comes at a very affordable rate.
- It consumes less power and gives your better output. Thus, it is energy efficient.
- No multi-purpose work. One sink at a time.
- It does not work with your shower unless you install a 12 kW model. It can give endless hot water supply to your bath.
6. Sio Green IR260 POU Infrared Electric Tankless Water Heater
In case of any consumption of water, the taste won’t be like some metal component added to it. It will be similar to freshwater as there is a usage of Infrared technology to heat the water.
Infrared technology allows you to keep the water heater clean and gives you a little maintenance cost. Water does not get in touch with metal. Thus, avoiding the problems related to metal corrosion.
Sio Green IR260 has a liquid controller. It allows you to control your water flow, no additional electric consumption for heating the water, and thus, making it energy efficient.
- It is straightforward to install in your place.
- It is compact in size. So no additional space required for its installation.
- It is stylish on design. Thus, it blends easily with your existing decor.
- Cost-saving as it incurs zero-maintenance cost.
- It has a thermocouple temperature monitor installed. This keeps the hot water flow constant.
- If you are finding a tankless water heater for big household work, then please don’t prefer Sio Green IR260.
7. Stiebel Eltron 230628 240 V DHC-E12
It is 99% energy efficient. Thus, reducing 20% of electric consumption as compared to tank water heaters.
It can be used for residential as well as commercial purposes. It comes with a 3-years warranty for the parts.
The temperature knob attached to it helps you to adjust the temperature. The temperature range is between 86 degrees F to 125 degrees F.
It can switch between the temperature very fast. So you can utilize it for heavy commercial usage where the temperature fluctuation is mandatory as per the applications.
It has a flow rate of 1.5 GPM, which is useful for a hot shower.
- It is very easy to install as it comes with less electrical requirements.
- It comes with a compact size. So, it is easy to fit in any space.
- It comes with affordable rates as compared to other tankless water heaters.
- The electric temperature control installed in it maintains the output temperature and flow of water.
- It is very susceptible to cracks as outer material is made up of plastic.
- We won’t recommend it for larger homes.
- Users have come up with a complaint that it takes some time at the start before it starts serving hot water.
8. Rheem RTEX-18 Residential Tankless Water Heater
It has 99.8% energy efficiency ratings. Thus, making it a great option with lesser energy consumption.
It has an external thermostatic digital control with an LED display. You can control your water temperature and may vary between 80 degrees F to 140 degrees F.
It has a maximum flow rate of 4.4 GPM. Thus, you can get hot water in two showers at a time or one shower and one faucet.
It has an overall electric requirement of 240 Volts, 18 kW, and 75 amps.
- The self-modulation unit installed with it takes care of electric consumption to reach the desired temperature.
- It is compact and easy to install.
- It is relatively easy to replace in case of any failure.
- The heating elements are copper-immersed. Thus, increasing its durability.
- We have seen users reviewing that if you use it for two shower panels together, then you might get lukewarm water instead of hot water of your desired temperature.
9. Atmor AT-D18TP-AZ Thermopro
Safety comes first for Atmor AT-D18TP-AZ Thermopro. It is a newcomer in the industry of electric tankless water heaters. It comes with an IP54 certificate. It means it provides higher safety for any splashes.
You can install it near your shower or sink because of all the safety precautions it comes with. You can get hot water on demand. It will not utilize any power during standby. Thus, 50% less electric consumption as compared to tank water heaters.
Atmor AT-D18TP-AZ Thermopro has a digital indicator over it to show the present output water temperature. It has an overall water flow rate of 3.7 GPM. Thus, making it a reliable option for one shower and one faucet.
- It comes ready for cold climates. With an incoming temperature of 37 degrees F and a flow of 1.9 GPM, it becomes a good option in colder places.
- Quality features.
- It is available in a below-average price tag.
- It is easy to install.
- It is very easy to use.
- You can set the temperature in increments or decrement of 1 degree F.
- It is not advisable if you are looking out for a water heater to be used for two shower panels at a time.
10. Ecosmart Eco 27
It is 99.8% energy efficient. It consumes 50% less electricity for heating your water as compared to other electric tankless water heaters.
If weather conditions are nice and warm, it can reach an overall water flow rate of 6.0 GPM or more.
Ecosmart Eco 27 comes with a digital temperature display. You can fluctuate the temperature between 80 degrees F to 140 degrees F.
In a hot climate, it can serve four showers and one sink at a time. In a cold environment, it can help two baths at a time.
- Self-modulating technology results in higher energy saving and lesser electric consumption.
- The stainless steel and copper heating components make it more durable.
- It is easy to replace.
- You can increment and decrement its temperature by 1 degree F.
- It is compact in size. It can be installed easily as per your requirements.
- It comes with the best price tag. Compared to the features it provides, the value of money is ensured.
- The sleek design can match with your decor.
- The compact design allows you to save much space.
- The complex warranty clauses may confuse you. Its lifetime warranty tag can become useless if it does not suit your warranty requirements.
While selecting the electric tankless water heater, it becomes essential for you to note down a few stuff before you step out to purchase. Like,
- What is your space requirement?
- What kind of electric output you have near the space allotted for the electric tankless water heater?
- What is your requirement concerning its output i.e., for how many showers or how many sinks?
- Whether you need a simultaneous flow of water or one at a time can work?
All these answers will let you find the best option for your homely or commercial requirement of an electric tankless water heater.
Read About – Top 10 Best Laptops in Premium Category